Thursday, January 15, 2009

Memories that are Meant to Last



One of my favorite things I've done this school year is Donut Day. I take Caroline to school in Kaysville (which is 20 minutes away) at 8:45am. Then, I have to turn around and get Andrew to preschool at 9:30. Andrew's preschool is at the half way point from our home (about 10 minutes away). It never made sense to me to drive all the way home, then have to immediately turn around and take Andrew to school (especially with gas prices hovering around $4.50 a gallon). That's when I had the great idea for donuts for breakfast!

Once we drop off Caroline, I take the boys to get a donut (they usually get two, eat one for breakfast and one for lunch... really, I did study nutrition... and I have the degree to prove it!) I love it! There are 4 donut shops along our route... we have tried all of them and chosen our favorite. Mine is Bowman's in Kaysville and Andrew's and Jayden's is Krispy Kreme.

Today we went to Krispy Kreme... I think the boys like it because then they get 3 donuts... I don't count the free one! I love sitting in the car for 15 minutes eating donuts, talking and being silly! I know I will remember Thursday mornings forever. I hope my boys do too!

No comments: