Sunday, October 23, 2011

What's Up with the New Title?

Had I sat down as a child (which I never did, sit down I mean) and made a list of the "perfect mom", it would've gone something like this...

1. Pretty
2. Fun
3. Rich
4. Popular
5. Clean and Organized
6. Good Cook
7. Did I say Pretty? I meant Beautiful!
8. Fun, Fun, Fun... in case you didn't get it the first time

I'm glad I didn't make the list, because it would have given me one more thing (or 8 things to be exact) to beat myself up over for not doing right now. I'm sure you've NEVER felt that way...

Well, I have been mulling this over for a long time. I always wanted to blog, isn't that what the "Cool Mom's" do? They post pictures of their kids in brand name clothes, playing and smiling, looking like they came off the cover of a magazine. Crafts of all the cute things they make in their spare time. Vacations on the beaches of Hawaii where they announce in the sand their joy of being "preggers" for all to share. Gourmet dinners on the table every night, and even the kids lunches REALLY! You know, we've all seen them. Well, I wanted to be that mom. Who doesn't? Reality hit when I realized I had no time for crafts, no money for vacations, and no cute pictures of my kids. (Don't get me wrong, I havecute kids, just not cute pictures.) Well, after my first attempt at blogging I quickly realized I am just not that good at coming up with the cutesy, crafty, perfect life... because, well, I don't have that life. I love those moms, and if you are one of them please don't be offended, I want to be you, I just can't. So, I decided, in an effort to keep my blog going, I would have to change it up, and for me, that was to stop trying to be someone I am not, and just be me. Just be real. So, here it goes... wish me luck.

No comments: